Thursday, June 19, 2014

3ProngEngine Update - Images, animations, and lots of progress.

School is finally over so I had time today to do some more work on the engine. Things are coming along really well! I even had the chance to start developing a game with the engine (with the help of two friends).

In the recent push I have added support for different animations (walking, jumping, attacking, etc). I added a "state" field to each custom object so now everything has to be stored as a dictionary inside an array. Other than that I just did a lot of touching up here and there.


The gif below is the engine in image mode, the mode that would be the end product of the game that shows all the fancy graphics (not made by me btw). The gif demonstrates the pushing of objects, background bliting, and just some general movements around the map.

(Picture removed)

There is still a lot that needs to be improved on. The gravity feels a little too slow to me right now, and jumping is choppy. There is still a long way to go, but progress is being made. If you notice within the gif that when I move the play he turns back to Rect mode (the blue square) this is because I don't have any images set for the running animation yet. This is a feature that I found useful when debugging the animations so I left it in.

Hopefully with my next post will come a full fledged level that will be playable, but we'll see, I still have a lot of work to do.

This was just a quick update, I don't really have anything else to say about this right now so until next time, thanks for reading.

- Frankie

No comments:

Post a Comment